A1 Blasting Mats is looking for a Leadership Rotation Intern will assist management in reviewing, developing, and implementing company processes and procedures that will help to make the company more efficient and profitable. The intern will have the opportunity to experience all the company’s departments in order to see how they work and how they can be improved upon.
Under the supervision of the company's owners, the intern will review existing company policies and procedures:
- Experience "hands-on" each process related to plant operations and management.
- Observe existing procedures and potential issues in changing them
- Research best practices in industry and in similar companies
- Use previous experiences and education background to formulate suggestions for new policies and procedures.
Propose and Implement new policies and procedures relating to plant operations:
- Prepare and present a report outlining findings to companies owners
- collaborate with owners to finalize new processes
- with owners help, assume a leadership role in working with plant employees to implement new policies and procedures.
- coach/train plant employees until they have fully adopted new policies and procedures.
Participate in Plant Automation Project:
- The intern will have the opportunity to work with management and provide input on implementing new technology and robotics into the plant to improve efficiency.
- The intern will collaborate with owners on developing an implementation plan related to introducing the new equipment to staff, and training them on adopting the new technology.
The intern maybe be asked from time to time to perform additional tasks as deemed appropriate by both the intern and management.
The intern must be a university or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm October 15th, 2017
Please mail applications to:
Attn: Kevin Fitzgerald and Denis Blais
325 Quesnel Road
Sturgeon Falls, On
Or Email Applications to:
Or Apply Online:
Logistics and Economic Development Intern
INTERNSHIP (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
JOB DESCRIPTION –
A-1 Blasting Mats is looking for a Logistics and Economic Development Intern (12 month contract) to help the company’ with economic development in the US, to help establish new trade relationships in the US and other parts of Canada, and to help implement the new logistics technology for the company. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to learn and affect real change in an organization, you’ve come to the right place.
The intern will report directly to the owners of the company, and will be responsible for work related to logistics and economic development project, as well as various related tasks that may be asked of them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
SKILLS: Successful candidates possess the following skills:
We will be looking for an intern with a business background, preferably with an interest in operations, logistics, and/or economic development and international trade. The intern will also need to be comfortable with contacting people who are external to the company, to set up new trade relationships with them.
The candidate can speak either French or English, Bilingual candidates are preferred.
The successful candidate will need to have experience managing his/her own time, and will be encouraged to find innovative solutions to business challenges.
Other required skills include:
- ability to use microsoft office products
- ability to communicate effectively both internally (with fellow staff) and externally (with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders).
- ability to adopt new technology quickly
- note taking skills
- Data Analytics Skills
- Negotiating skills
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – Successful candidates must:
· be unemployed or underemployed;
· be under the age of 30;
· have graduated within the last three years with a degree/diploma from an accredited college/university;
· have not been previously employed under a FedNor Youth Internship funding agreement, or other federal or provincial internship with pay for a period of six (6) months or more;
· be legally entitled to work in Canada;
· have reliable transportation.
SALARY: This full-time position is partially funded by FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program.
Submit application by January 31st at 12:00pm (noon).
Or fax/email application to:
Email address: email@example.com
We would like to thank applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
This Project is Proudly Supported by:
If you would like to submit your resume to us for future use, please click on the link below.